- Acute method of coffee stain removal
- How to remove coffee stains with available tools
- Be careful – different tissues are cleaned different ways
- How to get rid of white coffee stains
In haste, it is very easy to spill a little coffee on your clothing. But do not get upset. With knowledge, you can effectively clean the stains. They penetrate deep into the fabric; therefore you need to take some effort to remove old contamination. On the contrary, the fresh one is easy to remove. You just need to know some tips and tricks. Now, we will tell you about them.
Remember, before using stain remover or applying any chemicals, you should carefully study the label not to spoil your clothes.
If possible, first, try the cleaning agent on a small part of the tissue to avoid any damage.
Acute method of coffee stain removal
One of the easiest ways to get rid of stains from coffee or tea is to wash the clothes with running hot water.
- Heat the water in the kettle in order to make it hot though not boiling.
- Hold the fabric with a spot directly above the sink or fix it to make your hands free.
- Slowly pour the water right on the spot for 15 minutes.
- Pour a little laundry detergent on the dirt area on both sides of the fabric.
- Rub the dirt part to foam the detergent. Then rinse the cloth until the powder is completely washed off.
How to remove coffee stains with available tools
To effectively clean your favorite things, use the following tips!
- Salt and glycerin can eliminate coffee stains. Mix the ingredients and apply the slurry on the contaminated area. After the spot is discolored, you need to wash the fabric in warm water.
- The mixture of glycerol and ammonia (2:0.5 tbsp) can help to get rid of the spots. First, you should treat the contaminated part with a solution-wetted cotton swab. Then, you need to make a soapy water and wash the clothing.
Be careful – different tissues are cleaned different ways
Linen and silk require different care. Remember that if you want to effectively clean the coffee stains from your clothing.
- If there is dirt on white cotton or linen tablecloths, then you can use ammonia. Dissolve a tsp of ammonia in a liter of water and slightly moisten the spot. Under the tablecloth, put a napkin or a piece of white cloth to make the dirt pass onto them. If there are marks after the procedure, moisten the spot with a solution of citric acid. Then wash it with warm water.
- If the fabric requires delicate care, you can eliminate the stain with hydrogen peroxide. Moisten the spot with a swab, and after ten minutes wash it in cool water.
- To remove tea or coffee stain from woolen things, use glycerin. The product treated with glycerin should be left thus for ten minutes. After that, rinse it in warm water.
- Silk fabric can be treated with a mixture prepared from lactic acid and distilled water, taken in equal parts. Moisten the dirt area, leave it for about 15 min, and then rinse with cold water.
Two more ways to clean coffee stains from cotton clothing
The first method
- Wash cotton fabric in soapy water. Add a little baking soda for better effect.
- Then, rinse the clothing and place in a hot solution, made from a tbsp of baking soda and
3 liters of water.
- Leave the clothing in this solution until the stain does not disappear completely. After that, rinse it several times in usual warm water and dry.
The second method
Apply the solution of a tsp of light oxalic acid and 2 tsp of citric acid preliminary diluted in 200 ml of warm water. To make the detergent better, you can strengthen the mixture with a tsp of ammonia. Such a powerful composition helps to remove even rust, blood, wine, and herbs stains.
How to get rid of white coffee stains
NOTE! It is more difficult to get rid of such contamination because you need to clean the fabric not only from coffee but also from the fat, which is found in milk.
Experts advise using gasoline as it usually helps out in the most difficult cases.
- Soak a cotton swab with gasoline and wipe the dirt spot. The use of gasoline will degrease stain on the clothes.
- Next, you should discolor the spot with hydrogen peroxide. In addition, you need to get rid of the yellow spots. Use vinegar. Take a bowl with warm water, dilute a little vinegar there, and soak the dirt clothes there. Soaking time is about 30 minutes. Then, properly wash, rinse and dry your clothes.
How to clean the woolen clothes from white coffee
Do the following.
- Put a napkin under the contaminated part of the fabric.
- Grate the soap on the fabric and rub the contamination.
- Then pour a few drops of ammonia and rub the spot with a brush with soft bristles.
- Watch the napkin as you may need to change it several times in the process.
- Wash off the contaminated part, and then remove the moisture with a cloth. However, this step is not the final one.
- If there is still a yellow stain, you should apply hydrogen peroxide. However, please note that wool is a delicate material that requires more attention. Therefore, slightly wet the spot with peroxide, then dry it and rinse the clothes.
If you are afraid to damage your clothes while cleaning, you can take them to the dry cleaners. The experts will help you to get rid of most kinds of dirt.
Author: Anna Wallace