Nowadays, we have a lot of devices: MacBooks, iPhones, iPads, and many others. If you constantly use your gadget, then the moment comes when it’s impossible to see anything on the screen because of the dust. So how can you get rid of the dust on your gadget? The below tips will help you to keep your iPad clean.
Manufacturers of Apple products use a variety of materials. Sometimes, the device may have special requirements for cleaning including the demands for separate cleaning of each part. However, there are recommendations that apply to all gadgets.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Abrasive cloth, paper towels, and other similar accessories may damage your gadget.
- Turn off the device from an external power source.
- Ensure to remove all external devices and cables.
- Keep away from liquids.
- Keep away from humidity that can get through the holes and do not apply sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
- Do not spray cleaners directly on the device.
- To avoid scratching and cover erasing, buy an extra case.
- Do not clean the iPad with window or other household cleaners, sprays, solvents, ammonia solutions, abrasive materials and agents containing hydrogen peroxide.
How to Clean iPad Screen
First of all, each owner of iPads should know that displays of the most models are protected by a special oleophobic coating. It protects from fingerprints on the screen and makes cleaning the screen easier as you need just a usual dry cloth.
- When cleaning the modern models of iPad screen, it is not recommended to apply any special chemical fluid as they destroy oleophobic coating. Microfiber cloth or any other non-abrasive material perfectly cope with grease spots, fingerprints and dust particles.
- If you mess up the device with food or it is covered with something sticky, a little water will help you. However, do not pour liquid directly on the screen, instead soak a piece of microfiber cloth and gently wipe the display. You’d better squeeze the cloth so that the fabric is not wet but only slightly damp. You shouldn’t wipe the area of the headphone jack, the place near the speakers and the button Home. When you clean the surface from contamination, wipe the screen with a dry cloth.
- With the active use of iPad, the oleophobic coating gets old and the screen is harder to clean. To care for the relatively old devices, apply a non-abrasive cleanser, which does not contain ammonia, alcohol or bleach. To clean the display, never use household cleaners, sprays for windows and other similar detergents. Apply only cleaners that are designed for electronics.
- As in the case of the cleaning liquid, aerosols should not be applied to the surface of iPad and since it can get under the cover of the device. Apply the spray on a clean cloth, wipe the device, and then remove all water droplets and excess moisture.
- Do not sprinkle spray or another cleaner on the display itself as the water can get inside the gadget and it will be damaged. Moisten the cloth, wipe the surface and then dry it.
- Ensure that the composition of cleaning agents contains no ammonia or alcohol, which can destroy the oleophobic coating.
How to Clean iPad Case
To keep your device clean longer, it is necessary to take some precautions.
Consider buying a dense cover. The market is full of covers for iPad. Here are some general tips that will be useful when you search an iPad cover:
- Find something fitting that does not interfere with your work. You should choose a case that will be like the second skin for your gadget, but a skin that does not make use of the device difficult.
- If you want to choose a leather case, then it should fit perfectly, otherwise do not buy it. Leather cases are beautiful and iPad looks great; however, they do not really adhere to the device and let the dust and sand pass.
NOTE! Remember, that you will clean not only the device itself but also its cover.
One of the most popular cases for iPad is Smart Case / Smart Cover. The best and easiest way to save the cover clean is to wipe it daily from dirt and dust with usual wet wipes with a minimum content of alcohol, as the stains on the outer surface can appear. Alcohol can damage the top of the coating. The most difficult part to clean is a suede one. Take a small brush and soap to clean the inside of the cover, then dry well.
Leather case cleaning
If you purchased a leather cover, the cleaning methods will be different.
- You should wipe leather cases with glycerin from time to time. Glycerin restores the shine and protects it from fading.
- Wipe leather covers with fresh orange peel.
- If there are not grease stains, you can wipe them first with a sponge or cloth soaked in warm solution of shampoo or other detergent, second with a clean and damp cloth, and finally with a dry cloth.
- If you cannot remove the stains with a detergent, you can use a cotton swab soaked in turpentine or gasoline. Do not apply too much solvent not to degrease the leather completely.
- When you use your leather case, it can get worn down. The best means are nitro-dyes in sprays as they retouch leather, evens out the surface, make it water resistant, and hide scratches. Just do not apply too thick layer of the dye as it can cause the loss of elasticity and flexibility of the film and, as a result, it will quickly crack.
- If the surface of leather lost its shine, treat these places with colorless or matching color shoe cream, and then carefully wipe with a brush or cloth.
- Coffee grounds give shine to the products of dark leather, as well. Wrap one or two teaspoons of slightly damp grounds in a wool or flannel cloth and rub your case. The leather will shine like new.
All of the above methods are only suitable for smooth leather. As for the other covers (suede, napa leather, nubuck), they need special care.
You must not use wax as the pile will be glued, so use alcohol liquid mixed with dyes. There are also special sprays for suede that are easy to apply. Moreover, you can wash the covers of suede can in warm soapy water, just do not rub or squeeze them.
Regularly clean your iPad. You need not do it after each use; however, a couple of minutes of your attention to cleaning ensure that the iPad will run for a long time with no stains and dirt.
Author: Anna Wallace