All newly purchased smartphones or tablets are perfectly clean and shining. However, just a few weeks later, you will notice small and large scratches. And it doesn’t mean how carefully you treat your gadget, the process is inevitable. Well, there are several ways to return the former shine to a worn surface of your smartphone without replacing the screen.
If you try to eliminate the scratches from the touchscreen at home, you risk anyway.
Therefore, you should apply any of the methods offered with the utmost caution and only if you are confident in your abilities.
How to remove scratches
Remember that before the cleaning with any means, you need to secure every possible gadget connectors from moisture. To do this, use an ordinary masking tape.
You will find the first means for removing scratches in your bathroom. Please note that it should be normal toothpaste but not based on the gel.
- Apply some toothpaste on a soft, clean cloth, or you can use a cotton swab for this purpose.
- Gently rub the paste in circular movements in the area with scratches.
- Wait a little to let the substance dry, and then gently wipe the screen with a wet cloth.
Practice shows that small scratches really become less noticeable. However, for deeper ones, this method is useless.
Car scratch remover
The remover can minimize or completely eliminate the scratches. Just apply it on a clean, soft cloth and wipe the screen in gentle circular movements. With the same purpose, you can try to put a furniture polish on the display.
It sounds somewhat unexpected; still, it is quite effective. However, there is a secret – you should use the very smallest paper that one can get. This method can be somewhat risky, so before you start, practice on similar surfaces. If you do not trust the method, do not use it with your smartphone.
Baking soda or baby powder
These two methods are combined together as the procedure is the same.
- Mix baking soda with water in a small container (2: 1).
- Stir until you get a thick paste.
- Apply the paste with a clean, soft cloth and gently rub the screen in circular motions.
- Then wipe with a slightly moistened cloth to remove any residual soda.
To remove very fine scratches, vegetable oil is suitable as a temporary solution. A single drop of oil can return to the screen its former shine and hide the finest scratches. Deep damages are still visible.
All of the above ways are good for removing the fine scratches and absolutely not suitable for deeper damage. Moreover, some of the methods can make scratches on the display more visible.
Therefore, use any homemade remedies with great caution. In addition, you can first test the selected way on the less expensive devices, for example, on your old phone.
How to protect your smartphone from scratches
Here, this is not about removing scratches, but their disguise. To achieve maximum results, you should purchase a high-quality film with a thin layer of silicone or adhesive filling scratches on your smartphone. The properly glued film, fitted to the dimensions of the phone is capable of hiding the defects of the screen. The cheapest option of the method is a conventional adhesive tape, but it is more difficult to glue it properly.
How to save the phone, which is exposed to water
There are a lot of water-resistant mobile devices that can withstand moisture and still maintain performance. But what to do with a usual smartphone that was exposed to water? Though the penetration of moisture into the phone seems to be detrimental, it does not always mean the sentence for the device. With a few simple steps, you can save it.
Once you have removed the phone out of the water, turn it off and remove the battery. The sooner you do it, the better. If the battery is oxidized, you have to buy a new one. And you will have to repair the smartphone if there will be a short circuit.
Remove the card
After de-energizing the device, you should remove a SIM card, memory card, any accessories if any (headphones, charging, cover, etc.). Then you should dismantle the phone, and do it very careful to avoid jolting. It is recommended to keep the gadget in the same position that the liquid inside will be in contact with the smallest area.
Dry the phone
Next, gently dry your mobile device. Remove moisture from the smartphone with napkins or paper towels (cotton is not recommended because it leaves much fluff, which gets into small holes).
To dry the phone, you can use a vacuum cleaner. However, hair dryers and other heaters are highly undesirable as excessive temperatures can damage the phone.
As a trusted absorbent, you can use ordinary rice, which perfectly absorbs moisture. Just put the soaked smartphone in a closed bag with rice to completely cover the device.
Practice shows that this method actually helps you to quickly dry your phone.
Leave the device for a few days
Leave the phone in a warm dry place for 1-2 days for the final drying. Within this period, avoid any use of the phone since the device can be still wet. Then, you can turn on the gadget and check for serviceability. Usually, if you take the device out of the water very fast, you will be able to save it.
If the phone was hit not by water but another liquid (juice, coffee, alcohol, etc.), in clean the device with alcohol. And remember, salty water, for example, the sea is especially harmful to your smartphone. The components of the seawater are particularly aggressive toward copper compounds of the chip cards. Therefore, when the sea water gets into the phone, you have much less chance to save it.
Proper care of your smartphone
To make your smartphone serve you long time, you should carefully handle it.
- For the proper care of the touch screen, it is enough to buy a special liquid (geared for screen cleaning) and a soft cloth. Clean the screen at least once a week.
- You need to take into account the air temperature. The cold is the main enemy of the mobile device. At low temperatures, the phone will reload, work slowly and the charge will quickly decrease. You should not switch on the phone immediately. The device brought from the cold into the room should be warmed up first. If you do not do this, there will be condensation that will lead to a short circuit. To avoid these problems, keep the smartphone in a cover or inside pocket.
- In addition: Do not drop the device, do not put anything heavy on it, do not leave it for a long time in the sun and never repair various kinds of damage on your own as it leads to the deprivation of guarantee on the phone. Do not forget that mobile devices have serial numbers, you need to rewrite them. These numbers help to find a smartphone if it is stolen.
If you follow the above rules, the service life of your device will be long.
Author: Anna Wallace